Monday, November 1, 2010

1st entry for Oct. 15, 2010




C-  was working at the TSA on the Friday night. These are 5-minute studies. Something about the look of one of the standing poses she struck made me feel that it should be treated in line without shading.

I tend to use shading as a major part of setting down body parts, so it is good practice for me to suspend that now and then. Also, I've been teaching classes with a focus on line, so that is foremost in my mind.

Beyond that, I've been working along familiar lines for a while, almost exclusively working with Conte crayon on big sheets of newsprint. I'm starting to feel that for the moment I've learned as much as I can by going deeper in this direction, predominately making use of the setting of open drawing sessions.  maintaining a skill level I want to is important and takes some commitment of time, but change and variety are important to creative growth, too.

So I suspect that for the next while you'll be seeing some shifts away from the comfort zone I've been able to create..

1 comment:

martinealison said...

J'aime l'allure et la plasticité de votre premier dessin. Elle est tout en mouvement.
Bises