Wednesday, November 17, 2010

4th Entry for Oct. 31, 2010

 

 


I went back for a portion of the evening as well.  M-  was working, and I hadn't drawn her before.  I had brought along a stick of 8B woodless graphite, which I thought had potential, as I could use the side even more readily. 

The top two studies are about 10 minutes, and the lower ones are 15 and 20 minutes, respectively. The extra-soft graphite afforded a deeper set of values in the shadows, which I like.

Some of these studies exploring graphite on Japanese paper, as well as earlier works using Japanese paper and ink or charcoal will be out for people to check out at an Open House  I'm holding at my studio Nov. 20 & 21 from 1-6 p.m, at 165 Bathurst St (just south of Queen St) in Toronto.
Please come visit if you can.

No comments: