Wednesday, November 17, 2010

2nd Entry for Nov. 2, 2010





These are all done with 8B graphite on approx. 18 x 24" sheets of different Japanese papers. I felt the material had promise, so I picked a few varieties to try out. I was quite happy with the 2nd and 3rd ones - they were about 20 minutes each. The top one was 20 minutes, and the bottom one was about 15 minutes duration.

As a model, C-   has a lot of presence.  Some of that came through, I feel, in some of these.

Some of these studies exploring graphite on Japanese paper, as well as earlier works using Japanese paper and ink or charcoal will be out for people to check out at an Open House  I'm holding at my studio Nov. 20 & 21 from 1-6 p.m, at 165 Bathurst St (just south of Queen St) in Toronto.
Please come visit if you can.

No comments: