Sunday, November 14, 2010

4th Entry for Oct. 21, 2010



The evening finished off with a couple of 15-minute poses.
The 2nd-last pose that L took wasn't especially compelling for me, so I tried out a head study using ball-point pen on Japanese paper, which ended up a little too laboured. The last pose is on 24 x 36" newsprint with Conte crayon.
I'm feeling that images like this latter one  - given the time span available in an open session - are very strong, and that I have taken them about as far as I can The desire remains to try to carry that level of speed, directness and degree resolution onto surfaces with better longevity.
The speed because it opens more possibilities in regards to models' stamina limits,
the directness because they are not unduly precious looking,
and I like the texture and value range in the newsprint drawings.

No comments: