Sunday, October 31, 2010

4th Entry for Oct. 14, 2010





After a set of 1-minute poses (only one study of which is worth posting,) we settled into some 15-minute poses for the balance of that night.  I was srtuck by the play of light in the surrounding space in the final pose, so I consciously left a lot of P-    's figure open, and set in some of the background.
Generally, I leave the studio space undrawn, for two reasons. One being time constraint. The other is that I don't find it a particullarly resonant space visually. I love the feeling, the ambience of drawing studios, but the TSA space itself is cluttered and arbitrary in ways I haven't felt like trying to integrate. I don't feel it adds to the body I am representing.

But that does beg the question of what ambience would...

No comments: