Wednesday, March 7, 2012

1st entry for Mar 6, 2012






I was happy on the Tuesday night to attend the reinstatement of Diane McGrath's `Drawing Room' session, now in a warehouse space on Sterling Rd. There was a new person, S-  working that night. I was a bit rusty, and adjusting to working on a smaller scale with some better paper. Still, it was, as before, an excellent gesture drawing time trial, trying to get down the essentials of these poses.

These are some 1-minute and 2-minute studies. All are done with  Nobel hard compressed charcoal on 18 x 24" sheers of some Srtathmore Charcoal Drawing paper I had lying around. I had applied some graphite pre-session. And while I'm not too keen on laid paper surfaces, the paper did make a fun zipping noise under the charcoal as I drew quickly.

No comments: