Sunday, July 22, 2012

1st entry for July 12, 2012





No figure drawing for me for a few days, due to a very enjoyable visit to Montreal with Z and friends. It wasn't 'til the Thursday that I got back to a drawing. Earlier in the day I tried some onsite sketching at an open rehearsal of the Anandam dance company, for their upcoming show Divergent Dances for Windows and Walls at the Bata Shoe Museum next week.  Drawing constantly shifting dancers was extra challenging.  Afterwards I went over to the TSA, where I found it was E-  working.  He is a very dynamic model, which suited my frame of mind.
His gesture poses are challenging, but after drawing people in non-stop motion, having a minute of no motion seemed really generous. These are 1-minute studies, done on 18 x 24 sheets of bond paper with hard compressed charcoal.

Gesture poses will be the order of the day on Saturday afternoons in August when I'll be hosting the "Gesture Drawing Boot Camp" open life-drawing sessions.  $10 per session, 1:30 - 4:30 every Saturday in August.

No comments: