Friday, July 3, 2015

1st entry for June 28, 2015








On the Sunday I got over to the Jam Factory Collective's session. Victoria was working that day, and these are some 1-minute, 2-minute and 3-minute studies done with a Pitt pen on 18 x 24" sheets of Canson Recycled Sketch paper.
Aaron Comeau was providing some very melodic piano music this time, which I was enjoying.
I had, however, neglected to bring along most of the pens I've been using. I only had one calligraphy-point Pitt pen, and it was running dry. I tried dropping in a few drops of water to the ink pad in the barrel to stretch it further. That kept it running, but with a gray line (note to self - has possibilities...). I also added a few drops of chinese ink, and the lines did start to darken. I'm curious as to whether this is viable as a refill option, or if - most likely - the chinese ink pigment will eventually clog the tip. The Pitt pens have a nice point, but they run dry well before the tip is worn out.

No comments: