Friday, April 6, 2012

1st entry for Mar 29, 2012





On the Thursday I was back at the TSA.  S-   was working that night. These are 1-minute studies, done with hard compressed charcoal on 18 x 24" sheets of bond paper. I had under-estimated my paper, so I piled a few gestures onto the one sheet. it is a good challenge to periodically shift the scale of gestures, but by and large I prefer no smaller than 18 x 24 as a scale, particularly with conte or charcoal. Basically, the thicker the mark, the bigger the playing field.

I have some drawing classes starting in a couple of weeks at the TSA. Beginning life drawing on Saturday mornings, and post-beginner life drawing on Wednesday nights.  (I also teach a perspective/obect rendering drawing course on Friday afternoons.)  If you're interested, drop me a line, or visit the TSA website here.

No comments: