Monday, February 22, 2010

1st entry for February 16, 2010







On Tuesday I was beginning to get over my fierce cold, and went over to my usual stop at Diane McGrath's Drawing Room session (which is open for any one to join in).
For the first half, Diane was exploring the notion that two hoops might be better than one, and J- was the aerialist of the night testing that hypothesis.

There are two principal justifications in my mind for posting figure studies. The first and main one is the feeling or sensitivity of the drawing itself (or some other element of interest, like experimentation in composition or materials.) The other is when the action being performed is noteworthy and I want to share the record of that. Once in a while these all overlap in the same study, which is especially pleasing for me.

These are all in the 1-minute range. They are rather raw as studies, but begin to give a sense of what J- was doing.

No comments: