Thursday, January 31, 2013

Entry for Jan 18, 2012

On the Friday night I got out for the first time to Project:Art up on the 2nd floor across from City TV. Mark Hazen from the TSA is now hosting sessions there Thursday nights and friday nights from 7-10 each evening.
The Thursdays are the old TSA Thursday format of short poses. The Friday has one long pose. Currently they cost $10 for Thursday and $15 for Fridays, but the Thursdays may go up to $15 down the line.
Jeffrey was working that night. I got in late, and didn't have a strong personal response to the pose, so I used it to work on an adding/subtracting practice piece with willow charcoal and Nobel charcoal on the 18 x 24" Canson Recycled Sketch paper. In the end I wasn't that happy with the texture that created. The cast shadows are the part I like out of this study.

No comments: