Wednesday, January 9, 2013

3rd entry for Dec 17, 2012 (last entry of 2012)



 (I'm sorry to note that the classes I was going to teach at the Avenue Road Arts School won't be running this term. But if any of you are interested in a more impromptu class beginning next month, please drop me a line at thomasteaches@yahoo.com and let me know whether days, evenings or weekends are best for you.)

These are a couple of 5-minute studies above, a 10-minute one and a 15-minute one at the bottom. All are done with hard Nobel charcoal. Top two are on 18 x 24" Canson Recycled Sketch paper, the 10-minute one is on 18 x 24" Canson Drawing paper, and the lower one is on 22 x 30" 90 lb Maidstone rag paper.
This was my last drawing session of 2012, and the only one I did in December. Other life concerns took the fore, and are still far from settled, but more studies will be coming. It wasn't my strongest night by any stretch, but just being there and working was a welcome bit of normalcy. Holly did a great job, but I was a little shell-shocked that evening.

No comments: