Friday, October 21, 2011

1st entry for Oct. 9, 2011





On the Sunday morning, I managed to get to part of the Sunday morning session, as well as the afternoon. S-  was working, and I had not drawn her before.
At top is a 10-minute study done with hard Koh-I-Noor compressed charcoal, and below that the head study was 15 minutes, done with hard U-Art charcoal.
The lower two studies were done during the afternoon's 3-hour pose. Both are done with U-Art hard compressed charcoal. The dark one is a 2 1/2 hour study, while the lowest one is a 25-minute study. 
The longer study is dramatic, but a little awkward & dense in places. The shorter study is much more fresh and conveys a much better sense of a flesh & bone body.
It's as if I got rid of most of the overworking in the first one, but I like the tonal drama of the upper one.  Once again, somewhere between these two is likely the place I would like the drawing to be in.

No comments: