Friday, August 12, 2011

1st entry for July 28, 2011






On the Thursday I was still moving slow after a lively 3-day workshop on figure drawing as `structural' volumes.  I only managed to get to the second half of the drawing session at the TSA that night. When I got there, I found J-   was working, which made me sorry I was so slow at getting there.
These are 1-minute studies, using hard compressed charcoal on sheets of 18 x 24" cartridge paper. 

An understanding of anatomical structure underpins a lot of my figure drawing, whether they are 1-minute gestures or multi-hour studies.  From Aug 22 to 26th, I'm teaching a 5-day intensive class on Anatomy and Figure Drawing. Classes run 9 AM to 4PM daily, with a break for lunch.

The course is appropriate for people with some prior life-drawing experience. It features brief lectures, reference to a skeleton, plenty of handouts, and lots of drawing time with models to gain a better insight into the major bony and muscular forms that constitute a human body.
There's still space available - you can get registration info here.

No comments: