Thursday, June 30, 2011

3rd Entry for June 17, 2011



(Comments are always very welcome from any of you who visit this blog.  But if you want to get a hold of me regarding other queries, or have an interest in perhaps acquiring something, I can be reached by writing to:  
thomasdraws (at) yahoo (dot) ca
(Obviously, you'll have to insert the appropriate symbols - I've written the @ and dot to limit bots harvesting my contact info online.)

regards,
Thomas)

The final 15-minute study of G-  that night was a more playful experiment. At the nearby Dollarama  I had picked up some sparkle-covered tissue sheets to wrap a friends' bitrthday present, and tried doing a charcoal drawing on that. The tissue was very delicate, and began to shred in places, but was argeeably smooth to work on.
I used a harder compressed charcoal for this. If I was going to use more of that I'd try out soft compressed charcoal or soft vine charcoal; they would be gentler on the surface.

No comments: