Tuesday, December 2, 2008

4th Entry for November 23rd





These were 15-minute poses that L- took in the later part of that evening. She has very striking facial features- a strong underlying bone structure, which was somewhat at odds to her punky style. I always try to set down the whole figure, but often in a short pose there is not time enough to get a successful likeness and adequately describe the rest of the figure, so you can see that other areas are much more loosely drawn.

In the one study I didn't even try to do her whole figure, just focussed on getting a sense of her head on the page.

In general, I notice that the life studies I'm doing are a little more loose, a little bolder these days, while setting more information in a short span of time. The aerial artists/circus performers I've been drawing extra-fast at Diane Mcgrath's studio seem to be facilitating that in part.

No comments: