Tuesday, November 3, 2015

1st entry for Oct 18, 2015








It was a chilly Sunday morning in the Jam Factory space. Polyna was working that day. I decided to work more loosely, as I've been focusing on crisp extended contours for a while.  These are some 1-minute, 2-minute and 3-minute studies done with Pitt pens, and three 5-minute studies below done with oil-based pencil.
It seems that for me, drawing from life 3 or more times in a week yields the fastest, most responsive work. That's when I feel most in my `zone' of drawing from life. Of late, a couple of times a week seems to be more the average. My drawing has been feeling just that bit more awkward, something I definitely felt drawing Addi and Jacki. So this session was a good one to loosen up and give more exercise to spontaneity of touch.
Also, I have been conscious for quite a while of the effect of wanting to generate `postable' works to share here and on Tumblr.  It's a good motivator, but also inclines me to opt for approaches with dependable outcomes on a steady basis. I have lots of those here now, and it's getting time to get less output-oriented ...

No comments: