Wednesday, July 31, 2013

2nd entry for July 24





These are a 5-minute study and three 10-minute ones. All are done with a range of warm gray Copic markers on 18 x 24" sheets of Canson Recycled Sketch paper, with some initial lines drawn with a Pitt pigment liner pen.
It was a very crowded night at the Art Bar, and the only place I could fit with a drawing board and pens was in the back corner of the room, and it necessitated standing for the duration of the session. Luckily, Kit opted to be upright most of the night as well; the one reclining pose she took was largely obscured by Walt's head in front of me. Including his head can alter how one reads Kit's figure. That image has random marks on it as well, as I did it on one of the sheets I use as a blotter to catch ink bleeds.
I like the effect the loose web of lines has in the 2nd image, and the light in the bottom one.

Also, a few days ago I checked my Copic fade test #1- no perceptible fading after 10 days in a north-facing window. The test continues.

No comments: