Saturday, September 25, 2010

1st entry for Sept 7, 2010



On Tuesday I made it out to Artists 25 - now that a class I taught on Tuesdays has finished, it is a drawing option again.
S-  , who is a new model, was working.  These are a 5-minute crouching pose above and two 10-minute poses below.  He is a very tall individual, and, like other tall people I've drawn, I found it hard at the distance I was at to get his whole figure on the page.  I liked how he used the stretch of his limbs in the more compressed short poses - they became quite abstract at times.

It was also one of the nights where my preferred large drawing boards had all been scooped up by others, so I had to make do with a piece of pegboard for a backing. in the standing sketch you can see that the dot pattern of the pegboard did impart a subtle pattern to the shading.

No comments: