Wednesday, June 2, 2010

3rd entry for May 16, 2010







Below are two 20-minute and above are 15-minute poses that S- took in the latter part of the evening. One I arrived late for, so I just focussed in on drawing her hair for the time available. I find that a really good focussing exercise, to try to accurately depict someone's hair rather than to approximate it.
It's always been my opinion that having a model available to work with is such a privilege, and such a great resource. So at times when inspiration or energy aren't in sync, those are the times when giving oneself a focus problem is really worthwhile. It always puzzles me a little in shared drawing situations when people run out of things to do during the duration of a pose. It always seems there is more to find to occupy oneself, if one looks. Or another study to benefit from the time available.

No comments: