Monday, June 14, 2010

2nd entry for May 28, 2010







Bottom to top these are a 10-minute, three 15-minute and a 20-minute study that finished the evening.
Nothing else was worth documenting from that night. (Nothing of my work, that is. G- herself was doing a typically fine job.)
The partial back study is not a catchy image, but I feel it has an honesty of description about it.
The head in the 2nd study down was weak, but the torso from the neck down was quite truthfully observed, I feel. It wasn't 'til then- almost the end of the night - that I really started to get properly engaged. The last full figure from the back worked out fairly well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Nothing else was worth documenting from that night." Wow. That's really harsh. I don't believe I've ever seen a comment on your blog before that puts down the work of a model. Is there something different about this model that makes her deserve a public comment like that?

Thomas Hendry said...

Someone reads - and responds!

That wasn't at all meant as a put-down of G- 's work. Even if by her own admission it wasn't the most "on" night, she was working hard to provide some creative stimulus and I respect and appreciate that.


I meant that my other drawings from that night weren't good enough to warrant my documenting them. The criticism was squarely self-directed.

if you compare the images from December 18, 2009 (in the archives for January 2010) , you can see a much better night of drawing G- , in my estimation.

Anonymous said...

Fair enough.