Friday, March 12, 2010

3rd entry for March 8, 2010




These two poses ended the morning. The standing one lasted 20 minutes and the sitting one was about 40 minutes.
with these, and with the longer studies of R- from the previous week, I feel like I'm edging up against a further level of drawing, with the figure and the surrounding space all well-defined in a fairly short span of time.
Where to go from there becomes the question - do the same at a longer timespan and get more `academic' in appearance? Or to begin to strip things out of the space, or the figure, and draw more selectively. Or something else.
As it is, I'm quite happy with the quality of light in these, but worry about veering into a more taxidermic academicism if I don't watch myself.

1 comment:

Thomas Hendry said...

As comments go, this as like a Koan.
Hmmmm.......