Tuesday, July 3, 2018

3rd Entry for June 17, 2018





Anni, slightly longer studies. West End Co-op session, June 17, 2018. Oil-based pencil on paper, 18 x 24

Perhaps it was something to do with the front-on lighting, but I was consistently setting down a sadder expression for Anni than I think I was seeing. Nevertheless, I was much happier with the speed and confidence of the drawing on that morning, compared to three days earlier at the Gladstone Art Bar session. On the Wednesday night, it was so crowded that the only place with any elbow room was sitting on the floor. The room was ludicrously crowded, and even with earplugs, the jazz music was too loud and raucous to be optimal for my drawing.
Even sitting behind a lamp stand, the West End session had so much more of a calm vibe and loads of elbow room

No comments: