Tuesday, April 30, 2013

1st entry for April 9, 2013







On the Tuesday I went to the Tons on Tap session at the Rhino pub, where they were having an X-Men themed evening. Local cosplay person Toronto Rogue did a series of short poses. From the top,  these are some 1-minute and 2-minute studies and a 5-minute one at bottom.

I've met people who like cartooning but steer clear of life drawing. To my mind working with live people teaches about how a body language and how a body fits together in ways that really aid in cartooning too.
I'm teaching intro Life Drawing classes at the new Toronto School of Art: Monday nights and Saturday mornings. (clicking on the links takes you to the registration page for each class.) Classes should start this Saturday, May 4.
Also, starting May 9 there's an 8-week Intermediate/Advanced life drawing course I'm teaching Thursday nights at the new Toronto School of Art space at Dufferin and Bloor. You can sign up for it here.

No comments: