Sunday, January 2, 2011

Entry for Dec 26, 2010





Between the TSA's open house and the holidays, it was two weeks til I got back in to do some drawing, and the rustiness is evident.  S-    was working, and I have drawn her many times.  From the top, the first two images are respectively a 10-minute and a 20-minute study.
I stayed on for  a bit of the afternoon, when it was a 3-hour extended pose. The head study was roughly 15 minutes, and is really weak. The lowest one was about 40 minutes in duration, and was the first where I was regaining some control, and getting a bit of a likeness. The proportions are still off - the head is markedly smaller than the body below it - which in this case imparts a bit of a Mannerist monumentality to S -  sitting.
Mostly I post on this blog the images I feel have worked out well. I present these as a document of rust getting undone.
All of these are done using Prismacolor art stick on 20 x 30" cartridge paper.

No comments: