Friday, November 13, 2009

5th entry for October 27, 2009





There was time left in the night for two 10-minute poses, and about 6 minutes after that. For that final 6 minutes I focussed on P- 's face, and was able to get a fairly good likeness. I thought it would be the last time I would be drawing P- , because she was heading back to Australia the week after.

I ws fighting a bit of a cold that evening, and was consciously trying not to draw too vigorously. It may sound funny, but I do find that drawing, especially on a comparatively large (24" x 36") surface, is physically a very taxing process. Not so much the kinetic demands, but the psychic focus to do it well. So I went ito that session wanting to go slow. I didn't knock myself out, but it's difficult not to get engrossed in the moment.

No comments: