Sunday, January 11, 2009

3rd Entry for January 9, 2009




These were 15- and 20-minute poses. I ran out of time & space on the page, but in the 20-minute seated study, I- had his pants half-off on his legs. That was interesting, as it added a context for his being undressed, as well as a contrast with his skin. In most art-model drawing situations, street clothing is completely absent, which tends to put people outside of the ordinary, everyday world. Kind of like a parallel naked universe.

In a non-sequiter moment, towards the end of his pose, I- invited the assembled class to talk about their associations with Germany (his place of birth, I believe). In a setting where silence is the norm, it was a little surreal. I was enjoying that.

* Our model I- is an animator & artist. His work can be seen through his website, http://iveno.de The site is in german, but the pictorial icons are self-explanatory. His cartooning is very good, and I found his photos quite interesting.

No comments: